Friday 17 April 2009

1697 Listening to Dire Straits and Billie Holiday

It was one of the those prolonged waking when I remembered dreaming. I had commented to myself only the morning before that I not remembered dreaming for several days and then I was in the midst of a familiar situation, not being able to find my room in accommodation with the building changing and finding myself outside in different environments.

Dire Straits
Alchemy Live Performances
Once upon a time in the West
Expresso Love

It was also late and there was just time to check emails before going out for the morning. It was time for a Bacon Roll and Coffee at the Ship and Royal, having first bought the Daily Mirror and Daily Mail. The reason for the double purchase is that the Mirror was giving prominence to Susan Boyle after being interviewed on The NBC Today Show and getting an invitation to appear on Oprah Winfrey, and Simon predicting she will have a number one in the USA and estimates of 12 to 20 million viewing her performance on You Tube. The front page piece arose because Amada Holden was stated to be pressing Simon that the woman should not be given a make over before her next performance although in the Daily Mail she was quoted as saying Yes Please, and be taken to a secret location by one of her brothers to prepare for the next round and get away from all the media interest.


Romeo and Juliet
Love Over Gold
Private Investigations

Gordon saying sorry and goodbye to the Home secretary were also featured but the most disturbing news was that the second post mortem had found that the man who had allegedly died from a heart attack had died of abdominal injuries. Now one must ask who carried our the first post Mortem and what has happened to that individual?


Sultans of Swing
Young Lovers
Tunnel of Love
Telegraph Road
Solid Rock
Going Home

Before going for the bus to the Stadium of Light I checked the Barbers and found the assistant waiting for Custom. The business is moving to Green Street next to Lidl’s. The price has also gone up in the meantime which lead me to look elsewhere. I had only to wait for five mins for the bus. There were few seat available on my side of the stadium for Saturday and I took a seat at the back rather than in row 4 from the front. I must sort out about the last matches later.


Dire Straits
Communiqué
Down to the Waterline
Water of Love
Setting Me Up
Six Blade Knife

I had to check three bus stops at the Wheatsheaf before finding that the stop for the 35 and the E2 were on the other side of the roundabout on the Newcastle Road. I only had to wait a few minutes before the bus.


Southbound Again
Sultans of Swing
In the Gallery
Wild West End

It was after one on return and there was just time to make a stir fry just with Ginger and other spices before watching the latest episode of Ballykissangel

Lions
Once upon a Time in the West
News
Where do you think you were
Communiqué
Lady Writer
Angel of Mercy
Portobello Belle
Single Handed Sailor
Follow me Home

The post was waiting for my return with good and bad news. By coincidence I had wondered if I was going hear more about sending the vouchers and a cheque for a second set of the Daily Mail War Movie collection. It had arrived but the special storing pack was badly made so that the disks did not fit the prepared slots and when inserted after using a pair of scissors and cello tape they did not fit in to the narrow store box. However they are good value at under £10 for 15 disks: The Dam Busters, Charlotte Gray, Ice Cold in Alex, The Wooden Horse, First of the Few, Dunkirk, Angles one Five, Hell in the Pacific, Sword of Honour. The Way to the Stars, The one that got away, Millions Like Us, Sea of Sand, Those who dare and the True Glory. And the bad news. For some reason my payment of the credit card last month did not go through and therefore there was the interest and penalty charges. Drats.

During the second part of the day I concentrated on refining the arrangements for my trips away in May and June as well as ensuring I had a record of the matches being played by Sunderland and Newcastle, and Durham. There are several clashes. Newcastle’s game is on Sunday when I am the cricket although it si also likely to be shown on the televisions. Interestingly IPL multi million Indian League not taking place in South Africa because of security concerns is being shown on Setanta. All 69 matches played two a day at 11.30 and 3.30 in this 20 20 competition where Kevin Petersen and Andrew Flintoff were each auction for £1 million dollars. The competition is on Satanta and it will be interesting to see if these are also shown on the TV at Durham during the Yorkshire championship game which commences on Wednesday. Newcastle’s game with Portsmouth is on TV on the Monday and then so is Durham’s championship game at Somerset.

I shall miss Durham’s Friends Provident game against Surrey as well as he TV showing live of Newcastle and Sunderland on the same day. I am also likely to miss the Newcastle against Boro but this is not fixed. Newcastle’s home game against Fulham could be only game of season. Sunderland at Portsmouth is on TV and I have already arranged a ticket for the home game against Chelsea on the last Sunday when all games are timed at 4pm. There are three 20 20 games later in May when Riverside where I will arrange tickets. I have made preliminary enquiries about the price of the car Ferry to the Isle of Wight. There is as usual a great range of prices as low as £30 return in the middle of the night to £92 for a period return up to one month. There are three championship games at the Riverside, two back to back, which will also be highlights depending on the weather.

I then had some software problems when trying to transfer Blogs from MySpace to Google which remains to be resolved. Watched England under 18 young school men lead Scotland 2.0 on their homeland before switching to the result of American Idol where the judges used their wild card to keep in for another week the last individual voted by the public which means two exists next week! Then a long and complex all at once three hour episode of Taggart, and then Lady Day- Billy Holiday with Solitude

EAST OF THE Sun
Blue Moon
You go to my head
You turned the Tables
Easy to Love
These foolish things
I only have eyes for you
Solitude
Everything I have is yours
Love for Sale
Moonglow
Tenderly
If the Moon Turns Green
Remember
Autumn in New York
Autumn in New York rare edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment