Saturday 2 January 2010

1335 Team Plastique and Saturday Night Football

19.30 Arpil 6th 2008 . I usually have the need to write earlier than this in the day, and the lateness of the hour reflects the mood of relaxed and good humoured laziness. I was feeling a little low in spirits before going to be bed well after midnight when I received an unexpected Myspace email from Team Plastique, a Berlin based erotic band who recently circulated their British ’friends’ that they were to visit the UK to appear at Glastonbury 2008. Given the tendency of the British weather to turn the ground into a swamp I could not resist advising the band to bring along umbrellas, a la Rihanna, although they already wear the obligatory Macintoshes and boots, a la Plastique. With over 20000 friends listed, I never expected to get an acknowledgement, so was pleased to hear that my advice was being passed on to their fetish wear suppliers.

19.55 Alas I am too unfit to contemplate a Glastonbury or other festivals unless financial circumstances enable a personal helicopter, a chauffeured 4 x 4, VIP backstage pass, and the ability to get around the campus to various stages. and areas of interest without having to trek for miles and hours. Glastonbury has become and extraordinary British phenomenon about which I wrote a piece 24.06.2007 working my ay through 25 pages of artists events and activities. There is the increasing military and commercial precision of the business which with 150000 attending and with a weekend pass £155 plus the usual extras means that they must have a gross budget in excess of £20 million of which they donate £2 million to their chosen charities. After the success of last year’s attempt to eliminate profiteering resale of tickets everyone interested had to register with a photograph during the past six weeks and this morning from 9 am they could start to buy tickets. There are fly, train, coach, accommodation packages with the most appealing a Tipi tent for six for £1730 although if you had been quick you could have got nearby Travel Lodge family rooms for 2 adults and two children for £9 a night. I guess along with the Olympics I will watch again on the Telly, especially to see if Team Plastique becomes one of the few non main stage phenomenon on to make it on the Aunty Beeb late night round ups. The other question is will Amy Winehouse perform. My regret is not seeing Leonard Cohen live, who is at Glastonbury as part of his first world tour for 15 years. I could plan to get myself to Manchester Opera House when he is doing four nights, Dublin two, the London O2 Dome. or Edinburgh Castle, although if I was to travel it would be to Athens or the Nice Jazz Festival. If I was to go a travelling it would be to the Jazz and Literary Festivals.

Earlier at 18.20 I watched the first of the new series of Dr Who with the theme of how close we sometimes can be to people we want to be with yet not see them and therefore miss them. Tonight’s episode had some something of a pantomime feel, with Rose also making an appearance from her alternative dimension. It was designed to scare all those who take drugs to lose weight Next week they are Up Pompeii just before Etna blew her top.
21.00 For the second Saturday in succession I have two football matches to watch back to back as Sunderland and Newcastle celebrated their third wins in a row. Wins. I decide to watch the extended highlights of Sunderland’s win after which On a day Like to day Keane gave an honest view of the overall performance and according to related information has said that he will need to spend around £40 million if the team is progress next season. As the Newcastle goals were then shown in the after special match I decided to go back to the tales of Marco Polo which were shown over the evenings on BBC 3, but I did catch Somewhere only we know Keegan admit Everybody’s Changing. I first read the recorded adventures of Marco Polo when I moved from the Children’s Library to the Adult at Wallington and book fired my imagination in various ways. Earlier at midday I watched a disappointing Semi Final in which Portsmouth tuned up, failed to remember they had to play but still managed to win, due to the fact that the Baggies, who have scored nearly 100 goals in the season which should see them back in the premiership, and who dominated match possession, could not convert opportunities into goals. I had seriously thought of planning a weekend in London to support Barnsley in the other semi final on Sunday after watching Sunderland at Fulham, having visited Craven Cottage only once in my lifetime, as with Charlton at the Valley and the Boro play at QPR, Like many other fans I once had the ambition to visit every league ground in the UK and must have achieved around 75%, the same with County Cricket, and one day I must try and make a list from my programme and scorecard collections.

23.00 It has been un odd unsatisfactory day for food with a sardine salad, two small vegetable bakes and a chicken stir Fry with for going to bed supper a sandwich. This did not set me up for a good night. Punishment fro also having a can of Pepsi along with water, lots of coffee but no tea or OJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment