Tuesday 12 January 2010

1357 Cold Feet Day

13.45 28.04.2008 Project 100.75 and Civilization work day. Also taking a relaxed approach after rising early to place wheelie bin outside and prepare environmental box for putting out later after returning from Smiths for DVD, the under station bridge green grocers for some black grapes and to the supermarket where I acquired three battery spotlights as advertised on TV in a separate location from where I last looked, and for lunch there was a prepared organic salad reduced to half price, but which I did not enjoy as much as those I make for myself. Now there's an experience not to be repeated. The special price stir fry which I have enjoyed over the past six months has finally moved to its profit making price from the introductory offer and remains firmly stacked on its shelves and we shall all wait until they either climb down and go back to the price we are prepared to pay or sell off at a reduced price. It was on this basis that I purchased a stuffed shoulder of lamb reduced by nearly 50% because to day was the last recommended sale day and have frozen for the weekend, I could not see my chicken with sausages and stuffing to-day and although I was not proposing to buy I foresee a stocking up visit to Morrison and Lidl coming tomorrow or Wednesday. There was no post to speak of which means I will have to concentrate on those letters and associated preparatory work after ensuring that I meet the 120 new card sets target for this month.

21.00 A moderately successful work day in that I am 8 sets away from achieving the monthly target for two months in succession, although I had hoped to have two free days to attend to other priorities and interests. My general writing is therefore being kept short.

Earlier I watched the first three episodes of the second series of Cold Feet, thus missing the last three of first series but was able to catch up from what happens in these three. I also have the other 3 episodes of the second series which I shall view tomorrow. Having said that the character played by Robert Bathurst was the least developed as a one dimensional male shit as husband, father and work colleague, the combination of being made redundant and a momentary lack of concentration in which is son is a millisecond from being knocked down by car, he makes a genuine effort within his inherent limitations to change, and interestingly is forced back to work and to his more competitive self by his wife who needs the man she was attracted without having to play the dutiful stay at home housewife. During his brief period of unemployment having been given the kind of redundancy cheque which enables them to continue in their lifestyle for a time she goes to work taking as yet unstated power job or I may missed what she does if it was said. It is Mr James Nesbit who character becomes the more type cast with during the three episodes has former partner Helen Baxendale returning having had a termination due to being uncertain of the father was James or her former husband and hoping to re establish the relationship, there is the friend and work colleague of Pete Gifford, (James friend from childhood; she proves to me a five times a night nymphomaniac, who subsequently has a night of passion with Pete when they escape to a hotel from a work bonding weekend camping; there is the friend of the nympho who becomes James's new flatmate and bedmate for one night until they decide to stick to the landlord and tenant relationship, there is Pete's wife who has always carried something of a torch for James and confesses her crush in her diary which husband reads and to James's when she goes to comfort him when he learns that Kate has had an abortion, and there is the also a date from a newspaper add, which I think makes five. There are moments of farce which I have never found funny mixed up with some hit the mark fantasy sequences and overall the penetrating truths can only by the majority of the such a large audience by having the framework of the situation comedy. However I as I still has images and phrases from Jane Austin last the difference between the two programmes is that I had give undivided attention to the Jane Austin and will watch again if I can find the time whereas I was able to do other work during Cold Feet. Not so with the first of Cold Case which has a contemporary theme, the impact of serving in Iraq and the growth of highly trained ex army and ex police trained security services. Remembered to watch the missing twenty minutes of Dr Who when I fell asleep on Saturday and find it is a two parter.

No comments:

Post a Comment