Wednesday 4 March 2009

1103 Food and wine day

6.30-20.00. 15.06.2007. The weather forecasting has been unfortunately accurate and the land and been deluged with torrential, unrelenting, rain, darkening skies, chilling spirits, ruining holidays and sporting events. I went to bed and asleep at 2.30am. awoke and had several visits to the loo returning tired and sleeping further in a mixture of unremembered dreams until after 10pm. Despite this I was tired once more after a good lunch of the most of the remaining thick sliced Napoli Salami on a layer of lettuce in a fresh baked roll, well fresh yesterday, followed by some banana and pear. This evening I enjoyed a sunflower spread slit in two Ciabatta covered in lemon swamped smoked salmon. and then followed by the first glass of a red from central Spain Vega Robledo 2005 La Mancha, a wine with an interesting background going back to the 19th century when a young man worked for the local aristocrat, and gambled his annual remuneration for a small piece of the estate. When the Count died, and having no heir. he left all his property to the young man then aged 32 and who began by identifying wheat as the market requirement, followed by black Iberian pigs which maintained and developed the estate, but he always wished to move into wine but died before his ambition was fulfilled. This task was undertaken by his son who increased the land holdings into what has become the Bodega Lozano and his now managed by a fourth generation son together with his sister. I accompanied the wine with a single queen olive stuffed with pimento and almond and a single flaky cheese twist stick.

At round 3.30 I was tired and went to sleep, the kind of deep sleep from which when waking you feel very tired and I had to drive myself to get ready for the visit to my mother. I had worked the day on the recording of completed set work, and will work further after the rest of the evening meal. and again after the second Best of British semi final of which there are incongruously three.

21.45 The rest of the meal was al fresco with first two portions of corn on mini cobs laced with sunflower spread, and then a mix of the remainder of the shelled broad beans and cooked onion. The main course was to have been some haddock but I was content for a while, and only later had a mixed of water melon and strawberries. This did not work as well as I had hope and tomorrow or later tonight if in the mood I will mix in cubes of fresh pineapple into the three remaining portions of watermelon and strawberries. This was not the end because I then devoured the remaining chunk of the Napoli salami. Shortly when this is completed I will have the other Ciabatta naturale.

1.30 am. I watched and enjoyed the second semi final and while approve of the two elected and selected I am disappointed that others were not. If the royal family or those close to them, are watching they will arrange for the majority, but not all of those in the semi finals to give a Royal Variety performance with family members comprising the rest of the audience. There has not been time to attend to the latest developments of the Big Brother House because of several communications where the young lady everyone said would be evicted was, but where to everyone's amazement four men, one older have arrived thus the balance is now 7 men 2 of whom are gay/bi with 8 females.

The most significant public event of the day is that I have not renewed by season ticket with Newcastle. There is still time but at a higher price and I am not sure if this will mean having to lose my present seat. It has stopped raining.

No comments:

Post a Comment