Thursday 5 March 2009

1111 Nothing Day but work

16.10 The day goes well is the kind of statement made by Wellington and Napoleon before Waterloo in the film of the battle which I watched this afternoon. A film about the minds of general than the reality of blood and gore, and about good fortune.

In my instance I removed the single bed master frame from ground to the top floor and then the under bed which makes into a double if required. This involved dismantling some free standing shelving and reassembling and then humping boxes of 9.3 39, base boxes containing the majority of the 101 copies of the book 101 in black and white and the 26 top boxes with only one or two copies inside. Chairs had to be moved and the expensive French Polish side table, damaged in the move of August 2005 and with wobbly legs. It merits professional repairs along with hiring an electrician to replace the strip lighting with modern units which I can subsequently manage to replace should the need arise, or any future purchaser.

Thus my exercise was achieved for the day as a good sweat was after the main part of the morning in communication and further consideration of the arrangements for the weekend. In the days when I went walking in the wilderness, especially in Scotland, a lightweight waterproof became essential and which included over trousers. Optimistic that weight loss and fitness will prevail another outfit will be purchased tomorrow for the weekend. I will need more than a hood, a waterproof hat in order to protect spectacles from the rain. I am determined to enjoy the event regardless of the weather. It will be good training for Glastonbury in my dotage

I want to write about various other matters especially the horrendous weather when more inches fell in places than ever, when the rain in June has been the worst ever and a mini twister was photographed near Darlington. Rod Stewart played in the rain tonight at Newcastle, more programmes about the end of the reign of Tony and the arrival of the Brown new order packaging. But I am shattered and will go to bed. Out and about tomorrow. Wednesday in for Tony's final PMQ's. Thursday washing and preparations for trip Tuesday of next arrange electrician. Tomorrow do I look at televisions and arrange additional aerial?

No comments:

Post a Comment